Monday, December 22, 2008

Vacation Garbage

I've got a confession to make, and I'm pretty ashamed to do it. Actually, a few confessions. Not to be complaining about time off (time off is always great) but it's seriously reduced the substance of my life to, well, pretty much garbage.

I would say that it started on the 2.5 week epic journey. I read the first Twilight book just to keep me busy. But, like a fast-growing cancer, I couldn't get the next one in my hands and read fast enough. So, I blew through all of them as quickly as possible. I'm trying to keep some of my dignity by NOT going and seeing the movie--I'll keep you posted.

During the week days, I've slept and sat at home. Daytime TV leaves much to be desired, especially the 2:00-3:00 time slot, oh, and the 10:00 time slot as well. I've resorted to Judge Mathis and The People's Court, as well as Matlock in the a.m. I've even caught myself contemplating watching all of the paternity tests on Maury, but am so disgusted by the people who take procreation so lightly that I have to turn it.

Tonight, I'm sitting here watching Momma's Boys...completely horrible. Do you see the slippery slope? I still have a month of vacation left, oh lord, by the end, I might end up as a guest on the Jerry Springer Show if I don't watch out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy the simplicity of Maury. Reminds me of home.

I also enjoy my soap, One Life to Live. Tess is named after one of the characters. It would fill your 2-3 time slot.

As for the 10 am time slot, I, too, have nothing. I watch Good Morning America, followed by Bewitched on WGN. The View doesn't come on until 11. If you find a filler for that time, let me know. :)